Bermagui News From Dawn Howard
Latest News re Two Trials at Bermagui - Feb 2020

Sat 1 Feb  Further Update from Dawn
We are busy packing the van to go to Bermagui. The shows and trials are definitely still on. All is in place. Obedience catalogue for Bega Valley will be sent out on Sunday, so the Queenslanders can have it before they leave. I spoke to the Orbost Vicroads people last week, and was told to call back to check on Tuesday 4th February. They thought the Princes Highway will be open by then. Unless there is another fire. The landslide was in a fairly small section and they have a lot of resources working on it. The other ways via Cooma and Canberra need to be checked before leaving. It might take a bit longer to get there, but it will be lots of fun as usual. It is important to check re road closures and fires. I have the ABC radio listen app, which tunes you into local stations as you drive along. I also have Vic Emergency and Australian Fires on my iPad and iPhone. See you all there. Regards Dawn

Tues 28 Jan  Update from Dawn (on the run)
The Bermagui trials are still on. The entries have been held open until Mon Feb 3rd. The NSW South Coast really needs the doggies back. The roads are the issue for Victorians. Most Victorians drive on the Princes Highway via Lakes Entrance. As of today that road is still being cleared and has been open for local access only. Big landslides after the fires were followed by rain. Still hoping it will be open for when we need to leave. If not, we will join the Northern Vics and go up the Hume, either via Cooma or Canberra. We all need to check Vicroads for news. I have some NSW people to advise closer to the event. i.e. next weekend (1st-2nd Feb). Obedience equipment untouched. Was stored in Bermi. Next update next weekend or earlier.

Tues 14 Jan   
Bermagui is untouched and the power is back on. The clubs and the ground are fine. Some committee members have been burnt out. The agility equipment was burnt and we think the Bega Valley Obedience equipment is probably unusable. They were not in Bermagui. We have to wait for the fire at Cann River to subside and the Princes Highway to open before we can get people there. At this stage, both Obedience Trial Secs are ready to go, and both are asking people to enter.
Charlie Giles is going to bring equipment from Belconnen Club, and is going to leave it there.
Canít do anything except tell people that the trials aren't canceled. And wait to see how far the road clearers go.